- October 8, 1992: Phil Stephenson was released by the Padres.
- October 26, 1992: Tony Fernández was traded by the Padres to the New York Mets for Wally Whitehurst, D. J. Dozier, and a player to be named later. The Mets completed the deal by sending Raul Casanova to the Padres on December 7.
- November 20, 1992: Jarvis Brown was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- December 2, 1992: Bob Geren was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- December 9, 1992: José Meléndez was traded by the Padres to the Boston Red Sox for Phil Plantier.
- December 10, 1992: Jim Pena was traded by the San Francisco Giants to the San Diego Padres for Paul Faries.
- December 17, 1992: Roger Mason was traded by the New York Mets with Mike Freitas (minors) to the San Diego Padres for Mike Maddux.
- March 30, 1993: Darrin Jackson was traded by the Padres to the Toronto Blue Jays for Derek Bell.
Opening Day starters
- June 1, 1993: Jeremy Hernandez was traded by the Padres to the Cleveland Indians for Fernando Hernández and Tracy Sanders (minors).
- June 3, 1993: Derrek Lee was drafted by the Padres in the 1st round (14th pick) of the 1993 Major League Baseball Draft. Player signed July 20, 1993.
- June 23, 1993: Tim Scott was traded by the Padres to the Montreal Expos for Archi Cianfrocco.
- June 24, 1993: Gary Sheffield and Rich Rodriguez were traded by the Padres to the Florida Marlins for Trevor Hoffman, José Martínez, and Andres Berumen.
- July 3, 1993: Roger Mason was traded by the Padres to the Philadelphia Phillies for Tim Mauser.
- July 10, 1993: Mark Davis was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- July 18, 1993: Fred McGriff was traded by the Padres to the Atlanta Braves for Melvin Nieves, Donnie Elliott, and Vince Moore (minors).
- July 26, 1993: Bruce Hurst and Greg Harris were traded by the Padres to the Colorado Rockies for Brad Ausmus, Doug Bochtler and a player to be named later. The Rockies completed the deal by sending Andy Ashby to the Padres on July 27.
Starters by position
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
1993 Major League Baseball All-Star Game