Asher Edelman: Why it is Happening Here
Edelman Focuses on `Subjective' Details in Art Financing: Video
Plumbing Contractor Sarasota
Skate's Insiders Club Meeting Miami Beach, USA December 2, 2010 Part 1
Jonah Edelman on the IEA
Skate's Insiders Club Meeting Miami Beach, USA December 2, 2010 Part 2
2011 BCLS - Market of Discord featuring Robert Armstrong, Richard Robb and Paul Wilmott
Bredin Prat's Assant on activists getting busy in Europe
Wall Street - 1987 - Trailer
Greg Edelman singing Sing Me a Song Copyright 2011
2011 BCLS - Markets of Discord Panel (Long Version)
Edelman Community Investment Grants
KTRH talks money with Ric Edelman
Readercon 2011: Scott Edelman reads "Things That Never Happened"
The Future of Private Investments: Fund, Advisors, Banks, Economics, Loans, Public Equity (2001)
The Future of Private Investments: Fund, Advisors, Banks, Economics, Loans, Public Equity
A Worldwide Tea Party?
Fun with Queenie
want respect ? see a wildchild for what they are
How Asher adds 128 plus 128
Asher floating on his back 2/10/13
Mikey reading at VSY on Asher's bday
Stereo Light - Obsession (Asher Aluk Remix) OUT NOW !!!
Asher Roth - Pass That Dutch (Freestyle)
Judith Edelman - Magnetic
Roberto Diaz Inventing a Career in Music
Julie s Spring Cleaning Tips
Batman is a dick...
Paul Zak: Why Trust (Or Lack of It) Can Mean Poverty or Prosperity
Salman Rushdie: Do Chicks Dig Fatwahs?
Big Think Interview With Christine Quinn
Answers to 5 Questions :)
The tools we use.
Thomas DeLong Slow Down
Men Vs Women
Just because it's tradition doen't mean it's perfect.
The Customer Is Always Wrong
The Legacy of 9/11
Democracy at Work - The International Parliamentary Scholarship Turns 25 | People & Politics
"I Don't Know"
Dark Banquet Book Review
About myself 1: WHy I'm here.
Murphy's Law is really annoying...
Snow in Wellington Sunday August 14 - 2011
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Asher B. Edelman
Asher Edelman, 1993, by Erling Mandelmann.
November 26, 1939 |
New York City
||Investor, art collector
Asher Barry Edelman (born November 26, 1939) began his career on Wall Street in 1961. In 1969 he formed Mack, Bushnell and Edelman where he was CEO. Edelman’s Wall Street businesses included Investment Banking, Money Management, and Derivatives trading. In 1988, he taught a course called "Corporate Raiding - The Art of War" at Columbia Business School, using as his textbook Sun Tzu's The Art of War.
In 1988, he moved to Switzerland and founded a contemporary art museum in Pully, near Lausanne. The FAE Musée d'Art Contemporain launched the first European retrospective exhibitions of Robert Mapplethorpe, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Roy Lichtenstein, and Peter Halley. It also was the first venue for “Post Human” an exhibition co-curated by Chantal Prod’hom of the FAE and Jeffrey Deitch.
In 2002, he created the company Edelman Arts Inc, a dealer in Impressionism through Post War art, which also represents contemporary artists including Doug Argue, Yasmine Chatila, Cathy McClure and Christopher Winter.
Edelman is the founder and president of ArtAssure Ltd., an art finance firm founded in 2010, which places art at auction, lends, purchases and guarantees the price of art at auction.
Edelman has served on many Boards of Trustees of art and educational institutions including past Chairman of the Board of Brooklyn Academy of Music, Vice Chairman of American Ballet Theatre, Vice Chairman of the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Chairman of the Karole Armitage Dance Group, board member of the Prix de Lausanne, Gotham Chamber Opera, and many others. He presently serves on the boards of The Studio School and Bard College.
- ^ "NYS Department of State Division of Corporations Entity Information". Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- ^ Behar, Richard, Time Magazine, December 11, 1989, "", Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- ^ "POST HUMAN - Flash Art". Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- ^ Sandler, Linda, Bloomberg News, January 16, 2008, "", Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- ^ "Asher Edelman Interview (video) - Bloomberg News". Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- Official Asher Edelman Blog
- Edelman Arts Gallery (requires Flash player)
- Art Assure Ltd
- Henkel, Christiane (2010-06-28), Of Wars and Culture: How Corporate Raider Asher Edelman became an art dealer and financier. NZZ (CH - English translation can be found here).
- Yoon, Al (2010-05-18), Art Comes of Age as an Investment for the Rich and Famous. ArtDaily.
- Crow, Kelly (2010-02-05), The Art World's Gordon Gekko. The Wall Street Journal.
- FOX Business News (2010-03-02), Top Five Artists to Invest In (video).
- Harris, Patty (October 2008), Asher Edelman Interview. Whitehot Magazine.
- Azimi, Roxana (2008-10-03), Asher Edelman, galeriste et collectionneur. Le Journal des Arts, no. 288.
- Douglas, Sarah (August 2008), Asher Edelman. Art + Auction.
- Haden-Guest, Anthony (2007-05-26), More Than Just A Raider's Gallery. Financial Times.
- CNBC, The Strategy Session (2010-11-23), The Original Corporate Raider (video).
Mashpedia enables any individual or company to promote their own Youtube-hosted videos or Youtube Channels, offering a simple and effective plan to get them in front of our engaged audience.
Want to learn more? Please contact us at: email@example.com