||This article is incomplete. (February 2009)
The following tables compare SVG compatibility and support for a number of layout engines. Please see the individual products' articles for further information. This article is not all-inclusive or necessarily up-to-date. Unless otherwise specified in footnotes, comparisons are based on the stable versions without any add-ons, extensions or external programs.
Explanation of the tables 
Engine nomenclature 
Rather than the names of web browsers, the names of the underlying engines are used. The browsers that use the various engines are listed below.
||Chromium/Chrome (28+), Opera (14+) and Yandex
||All Mozilla software, including Firefox; SeaMonkey and Galeon; Camino; K-Meleon; Flock (up to 2.x); Debian IceWeasel; GNU IceCat (formerly GNU IceWeasel); Icedove, Iceape and Iceowl; Fennec. Also used by the Maple platform in 2010 and 2011 Samsung "SmartTV" devices which are based on the build used in Firefox 3.0.
||Opera; Opera Mobile, Nintendo DS & DSi Browser; Internet Channel
||(IE 5.2.3 for Mac)
||none (aborted in 2003)
||Internet Explorer 5+ for Mac OS X
||6.0 (IE 10)
||6.0 (IE 10)
||Internet Explorer and other Internet Explorer shells like Maxthon (Microsoft Windows operating systems only), Windows Phone 8
||Tizen (both OS and browser), Safari (both desktop and mobile), Google Chrome, Maxthon 3, Shiira, iCab 4, OmniWeb 5.5+, Web, Adobe AIR, Midori, Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and CS5, Android browser, Palm webOS browser, Symbian S60 browser, OWB, Steam, Rekonq, Arora, Flock (version 3+), RockMelt, Dolphin Browser, Sleipnir, Konqueror†, rekonq. Used by the LG Smart TV platform to enable web content on TVs.
† In Konqueror, the user can switch layout engine. Adobe SVG Viewer, Batik, eSVG and Renesis are SVG-Plugins.
Values indicate the level of support in the most recent version of the layout engine, or (if a version number is given) in the specified version. Version numbers without any other value indicate the version at which the layout engine first fully supported the feature.
||Indicates that the layout engine fully supports this property/element when valid values are used.
||Indicates that the property/element is completely ignored.
||Indicates that the property/element is understood, but that not all values are supported. Supported values are implemented correctly.
||Indicates that the property/element is understood, but that it is not implemented correctly in all cases.
||Indicates that the property/element is understood, but supported under an alternate name. May be incomplete or buggy.
||Indicates that the property/element is no longer supported.
||Indicates that the property/element is supported to some extent in an experimental/nightly build. Future support is expected.
||Indicates that the property/element is supported only on certain platforms, or if certain settings are configured.
SVG version support 
This table shows support status of different ways of embedding SVG into HTML, for different layout engines.
SVG 1.1 support 
Comparison of various Scalable Vector Graphics element support.
||The factual accuracy of parts of this article (those related to table) may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (April 2012)
- ^ KHTML does not have any native image support. This is by design: in Konqueror, multimedia files are handled by KParts. The KDE project also developed an SVG plugin for Konqueror, known as KSVG.[o 1]
- ^ [w 1]
- ^ [w 2]
<embed> — Presto does not scale the image properly if its size is given in relative units.
<object> — KSVG does not scale the image properly if its size is given in relative units.
list-style-image — WebKit does render the image if its size is given in relative units.[w 1]
- ^ Renesis 0.7 supports that feature, but because of the rewrite of the plugin Renesis 1.0 doesn't support this any longer.[o 2]
Gecko references 
- ^ Bug 512501 - (svg11tests) We should pass all the W3C SVG 1.1 Full tests, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 276431 - external SVG not loaded from img tag, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 231179 - SVG images in CSS, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 366324 - SVG site icons (favicons, shortcut icons) support, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 272288 - Allow SVG source for <svg:image>, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 273171 - Text 'tref' not supported, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 456286 - should altGlyph elements fall back to behaving like tspan?, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 427713 - embedded color profiles in svg are ignored, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 177193 - Implement the 'cursor' element and the 'cursor' attribute, Mozilla
- ^ Bug 512525 - Implement the <view> element, Mozilla
- ^ a b Bug 482402 - (enablesmil) Enable "svg.smil.enabled" pref by default, Mozilla
- ^ a b Bug 436418 - SVG SMIL: Implement "animateMotion", Mozilla
- ^ Bug 436296 - SVG SMIL: implement "animateColor", Mozilla
- ^ Bug 119490 - Implement SVG fonts, Mozilla
WebKit references 
- ^ a b Bug 16167 - SVGs with width and height 100% fail to render when used as <img> or CSS image, WebKit
- ^ Bug 12095 - Image (and thus SVGImage and PDFDocumentImage) need size-negotiation, WebKit
- ^ webkit.org/projects/svg/
- ^ Bug 12499 - External <use> xlink:href references do not work, WebKit
- ^ Bug 6037 - WebKit+SVG does not support <color-profile> element, WebKit
- ^ Bug 55361 - transform attribute for ClipPath not implemented, WebKit
- ^ a b c d Bug 32224 - Turn on (SVG) Filters support, by default., WebKit
- ^ Bug 5861 - feConvolveMatrix filter is not implemented, WebKit
- ^ Bug 32197 - feDiffuseLighting filter is not implemented, WebKit
- ^ Bug 32199 - feSpecularLighting is not implemented, WebKit
- ^ Bug 5864 - feTurbulence is not implemented, WebKit
- ^ Bug 38407 - SVG hkern implementation incomplete, WebKit
- ^ Bug 38663 - SVGFont's VKern implementation missing, WebKit
Other references 
External links