|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2012)|
|City of license||Saint Joseph, Missouri|
|Broadcast area||Kansas City Metropolitan Area|
|Affiliations||Fox News Radio|
KFEQ 680 AM is a Saint Joseph, Missouri area talk radio station that airs local and national programs.
Local programming includes news, sports, and agricultural information.
Bob Orf is program director for KFEQ. Orf began his career at KFEQ St. Joseph in 1975. Besides overseeing programming for the station, Orf is also the Voice of the Griffons for Missouri Western State University and began his duties for Western with the football team when he first started off in 1975. Orf began commentating for the men’s basketball team in 1989 and later on, the women’s basketball teams in 1992.
Barry Birr is News Director at KFEQ. Besides his duties as News Director, Birr is also the host of The Hotline each weekday from 8 - 10am, covering topics of interest with guests and listener call-ins.
Tom Brand came to KFEQ in 1996 to serve as Farm Director for the radio station after spending 2 years at KMA (AM) radio in Shenandoah, Iowa. Brand broadcasts market updates throughout the day and is host of the Mid-Day Farm Report each weekday along with the Saturday Morning Get-Together from 6 - 7am.
National programs such as Sean Hannity, Dave Ramsey, Rush Limbaugh and Jim Bohannon are featured on weekdays. Weekend programming includes the syndicated AgriShop program with host Gene Millard, The Midwest Outdoors with Fred Ramsey and a local buy/sell/trade program called The Trading Post. Local church services from Huffman United Methodist Church are heard live on Sunday mornings. The rest of the weekend programming is mainly from the national Fox Sports Network. The station was owned by Eagle Communications, and features programming from ABC Radio.
KFEQ was founded by John L. Scroggn and Scroggin & Co. Bank and first broadcast in 1923 from Oak, Nebraska. He moved the station to St. Joseph in 1925 where it was noted for its live remote daily broadcasts three times each day from the St. Joseph Stockyards and four times each day from the St. Joseph Grain Exchange. During this time it moved initially from 833 to 1120 to 1300 to its present location at 680 in 1930.
One of the stations four towers was toppled in a farming accident on June 16, 2009. All four towers were rebuilt and placed into service in 2010.
Here you can share your comments or contribute with more information, content, resources or links about this topic.