Museum Secrets is a TV series on History Television in Canada and a website with videos and games,exploring the world’s renowned museums and their most enigmatic objects. Narrated by Canadian actor Colm Feore, the TV series ran for three seasons. Museum Secrets is produced by Kensington Communications Inc.
The show won two awards at the Canadian Screen Awards in 2014 for Best Factual Series and Best Picture Editing in an Information Program or Series
The Royal Ontario Museum held a special exhibit during winter 2011, featuring objects from the Museum Secrets series. Several Canadian newspapers previewed the exhibit: National Post, Toronto Sun, Torontoist and Toronto Star.
- History Television in Canada
- Historia in French Canada
- BBC Knowledge in Australia and New Zealand
- Yesterday channel (UKTV) in the UK
- National Geographic Channel (Canada)
- Smithsonian Channel (US)
- TVB J2 (Hong Kong)
- Canal Encuentro (Argentina)
Each season, the series travels to the world’s greatest museums in search of the mysteries behind their objects.
Season 1 episodes
Season 2 episodes
Season 3 episodes
The program's website features shorter web videos for the 14 episodes and an object navigator with 90 objects.
Awards and nominations
- Canadian Screen Awards, 2014
- Best Factual Series 
- Best Picture Editing in an Information Program or Series 
- History Makers Awards, 2012 (now IMPACT Awards)
- Best Interactive Production
- Most Innovative Production
- 26th Annual Gemini Awards, 2011
- Best Cross-platform Project Non-fiction (Robert Lang and David Oppenheim)
- Barbara Sears Award for Best Editorial Research (Rebecca Snow)
- Best Original Music Score for a Documentary Program or Series (Eric Cadesky and Nick Dyer)
- Interactive Rockie Awards at Banff World Media Festival, 2011
- Best Cross-platform Project
- ^ "Museum Secrets Schedule on History Television Canada". History Television. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- ^ a b c "2014 Award Winner List". Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- ^ "Museum Secrets reveals the history behind historical objects". National Post. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ^ "ROM secrets head for TV Museum's hidden treasures featured on new show". Toronto Sun. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ^ "ROM Secrets Revealed". Torontoist. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ^ "Royal Ontario Museum’s secret mummy babies revealed". Toronto Star. January 20, 2011. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ^ "Solving the mystery of "Degenerate Art" in Berlin". Boing Boing. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- ^ a b "Congratulations To The Canadian Winners At The History Makers Awards » Village Gamer". Village Gamer news. January 27, 2012. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- ^ a b c "26th Annual Gemini Awards". Tribute.ca. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- ^ "Interactive Content Nominated for Banff World Media Fest". Mediacaster Magazine. Retrieved August 21, 2014.