Preferential voting may refer to:
- Ranked voting systems, all election methods that involve ranking candidates in order of preference
- Instant-runoff voting, referred to as "preferential voting" in Australia, is one type of ranked voting system.
- Range voting, in which voters assign points to each candidate
- Open list, sometimes known as "preferential voting" in Europe and nations such as Sri Lanka
- Bucklin voting, which was sometimes known as "preferential voting" when used in the United States