Founded in 1956, Roke Manor Research Limited is a UK company based at Roke Manor in Romsey, Hampshire. It is a contract research and development business for communications, networks, and electronic sensors. In addition to supporting Chemring, work is also conducted in both the public and private sectors. The company also created Hawk-Eye  which is now used widely in sports such as tennis and cricket.
Roke has been part of the Chemring Group since 2010, having been initially founded as part of the Plessey company and then subsequently owned for almost 20 years by Siemens.
Company history 
- 1956 - Founded as Plessey Research Roke Manor Limited by the Plessey company. The first managing director was Harold J. Finden, an electrical engineer at Plessey.
- 1990 - Passed to GEC-Siemens AG in a joint takeover.
- 1991 - Became wholly owned by Siemens AG when GEC sold their 50% shareholding to Siemens Plessey Electronic Systems.
- 2010 - Roke was acquired by the Chemring Group PLC.
- ^ "Chemring appoints Managing Director, Roke Manor & Managing Director, European Electronics Division - Chemring Group PLC". www.chemring.co.uk. Chemring Group PLC. 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-012.
- ^ "Roke Manor Research - Chemring Group PLC". www.chemring.co.uk. Chemring Group PLC. 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- ^ "About Hawk-Eye". Hawk-Eye Innovations Ltd. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- ^ "History of Roke". www.roke.co.uk. Roke Manor Research Limited. 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- ^ Wilson, Amy (2010-08-11). "Chemring buys Roke from Siemens". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- ^ "Completion of acquisition of Roke". Chemring Group PLC. 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- ^ "Recalling Early GaAs MMIC Developments". Microwaves & RF. 2009-03. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- ^ "Hostile Artillery LOcation (HALO) System". Jane's Information Group. 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2010-08-16. Jane's Military Communications
- ^ "The Worldaware Award 2000 for Innovation". Worldaware. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- ^ Hughes, Simon (2000-11-15). "How's that then for hi-tech?". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- ^ Owens, N., Harris, C., Stennett, C. (2003). "Hawk-eye tennis system". International Conference on Visual Information Engineering, 2003. VIE 2003.
- ^ "RESOLVE tactical EW manpack system". Jane's Information Group. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- ^ "Roke Electronic Warfare System Wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise". Roke Manor Research Limited. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- ^ "A List of the 2011 and Previous Winners of The Queen's Award for Innovation". Business Link. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- ^ Harman, Martin (September 2006). "More Room On Top". Engineering & Technology (IET).
- ^ "Roke MRA receives ingress protection certification". Shephard Press Limited. 6 February 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- ^ "LOCATE - Strategic HF Signals Intelligence". Roke Manor Research Limited. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
External links 
Coordinates: 50°59′57″N 1°31′13″W / 50.999044°N 1.520179°W