Saginaw High School (part of the Saginaw City School District) is located in Saginaw, Michigan, USA. The student enrollment is approximately 746 students.
The school's mission statement is "Saginaw High is committed to ensuring a safe and academic environment where the students will become academically proficient, life long [sic] learners, and productive citizens."
Athletics and Special Activities 
Boys' Basketball 
Saginaw High has won multiple state championships in basketball. Their most recent state championship victory came in 2012 with a 54-42 win over the Rockford Rams. They defeated the Huskies of Detroit Redford to claim the 2007 Class A state championship. The Trojans then repeated in 2008, beating the Detroit Pershing Doughboys, to capture another Class A state championship title. Saginaw has also won championships in 1946, 1962, 1964, and 1996.
Saginaw has produced NBA players such as Draymond Green, Darvin Ham, and Anthony Roberson.
Girls' Basketball 
Saginaw girls' basketball won the state championship in 1986. Alumni include former Michigan State University basketball player Annette Babers and former [Howard University} Kayette Jones.
Saginaw won the Michigan Division 2 state championship in 1999. The program has produced NFL players such as [[Terry McDaniels}, LaMarr Woodley]], Charles Rogers (American Football), Roy Manning, Tony Martin (American Football), and Charleston Hughes.
Marching Band 
The Mighty Marchin' Trojan Band, led by band director Ms. Jeannine Coughlin, is a highlight of the school, winning awards from Howard University among others. They march in a traditional African-American university or urban style. They've also won many awards across the country, and is also known for the opening entertainment for the 2006 Ryder's Cup. The Mighty Marchin' Trojan Band has also been invited to the thanksgiving day parade in Miami Florida, and Even participated in the 2012 Sugar Bowl Halftime.
Notable alumni 
- Gary Bond, former wide receiver for Central Michigan University and sports writer for The Grand Rapids Press.
- Seve Bradley, former Oklahoma Panhandle State University quarterback.
- Bob Buhl, former MLB player (Milwaukee Braves, Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Phillies)
- Draymond Green, NBA player for the Golden State Warriors
- Darvin Ham, played for the Detroit Pistons.
- Charleston Hughes, CFL player for the Calgary Stampeders.
- Oliver King, former lineman University of Illinois.
- Tony Martin, former NFL running back.
- Roy Manning, former NFL player and current assistant coach at the Michigan Wolverines Football
- Stacy Erwin Oakes, current State Representative, Michigan House of Representatives, 95th District.
- Deronnie Pitts, Former Stanford football player.
- Anthony Roberson, former NBA player, currently plays for Chinese team, Fujian Xunxing.
- Charles Rogers, former NFL wide receiver.
- LaMarr Woodley, current NFL player for Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Eugene Seals, Former Miami of Ohio Basketball player.
- Annette Babers, High School All-Stater and All-American, Former Michigan State University Basketball Player, Member of the Saginaw County Hall of Fame.
- Erinn Reed, 4-time All-Stater, 3-time All-American, 1992 Michigan Miss Basketball, Former University of Kansas Basketball player
See also 
External links