The seminary land was founded in 1946 when the Diocese of Honolulu obtained the 22 acre (89,000 m²) estate of Harold K.L. Castle, which was built in 1927. It is located above Maunawili valley in the Koolaupoko district of the island of Oahu. It currently serves as the residence of the bishop of Honolulu. At its peak the seminary accommodated some 70 high school and college students from Guam, other Pacific Islands and the State of Hawaii.
The seminary flourished in the 1950s and '60s, but dwindled and closed in the early 1980s. After the seminary's closure, the Cullinan Building was transformed into a diocesan center housing various officers of the diocesan curia. Since the episcopate of Msgr. John Scanlan, the seminary grounds have also housed a Carmelite monastery of discalced nuns from Hong Kong.
Prior to his elevation to the episcopate as auxiliary bishop of Honolulu, Msgr. Joseph Ferrario, was a professor of Greek and Latin at Saint Stephen's. Among his many students was Roman Catholic deacon and Hawaiian comedian, Frank Delima, known for his sardonic portrayal of a fictitious Roman prelate, Monsignor Vermicelli.
|This article about a university or college in Hawaii is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
None of the audio/visual content is hosted on this site. All media is embedded from other sites such as GoogleVideo, Wikipedia, YouTube etc. Therefore, this site has no control over the copyright issues of the streaming media.
All issues concerning copyright violations should be aimed at the sites hosting the material. This site does not host any of the streaming media and the owner has not uploaded any of the material to the video hosting servers. Anyone can find the same content on Google Video or YouTube by themselves.
The owner of this site cannot know which documentaries are in public domain, which has been uploaded to e.g. YouTube by the owner and which has been uploaded without permission. The copyright owner must contact the source if he wants his material off the Internet completely.