Soshanguve is a township situated about 25 km north of Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa. It was established in 1974 on land scheduled to be incorporated into a bantustan bordering on Mabopane in Bophuthatswana, to Sotho, Shangaan, Nguni and Venda people (thus the name) who were resettled from Atteridgeville and Mamelodi. It later became part of the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality.
Places of interest
- Soshanguve is home to the Tshwane University of Technology , previously known as Technikon Northern Gauteng (TNG).
- The second fab lab in South Africa is located in Soshanguve Block TT where it is operated by a self-organized group of unemployed youth known as the Bright Youth Council.
- ^ a b c d "Main Place Soshanguve". Census 2011.
- ^  South African Fab Labs
- ^  Nature 442, 862-864 (24 August 2006)]. "Appropriate technology: Make anything, anywhere." (Author visits Soshanguve Fab Lab)