||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)
||Ural Automobile Plant
||7.0L ZIL-375YA V8
||5-speed manual + 2-speed transfer case
||7,350 mm (289.4 in)
||2,960 mm (116.5 in)
||2,980 mm (117.3 in) (with tent)
||8,400 kg (18,519 lb)
The Ural-375D is a general purpose 4.5 ton 6x6 truck, produced at the Ural Automotive Plant in the Russian SFSR since 1961. The ZIL-157 was the standard Soviet truck until it was replaced by the Ural-375D, which became the standard Soviet truck in 1979. The Ural-375D was soon replaced by the Ural-4320.
The Soviets found the trucks an ideal platform for the BM-21 Grad rocket launcher. Other modes for the Ural-375D included troop carrier, supply carrier, etc.
The Ural-375D came in a variety of forms:
- Ural-375 has an open cab roof that could be covered by a canvas - i.e.: a softtop cab rather than a hardtop.
- Ural-375A has a fully enclosed all-steel cab,was a chassis for wagon-style body, payload 12,787 lb (5,800 kg), framework shortened to 13.2'
- Ural-375D Most produced 375.
- Ural-375S was a tractor-trailer truck with framework shortened to 5.3'.
- Ural-377-6x4 truck
- Ural-377S was a 6х4 tractor-trailer.
- The Ural-375D has the same equipment as the GAZ-66 and ZIL-131.
- Hood design, 3 seats cab.
- Payload: 9,920 lb (plus trailer: 22,050 lb)
- full weight: (off road - 11,020 lb),
- loading height: 4'7.9".
- Suspension: solid axles, leaf springs, rear wheels at balance-cart.
- Engine: 180 horsepower (130 kW) ZIL-375YA V8 gasoline(carburetor) pushrod engine.
- gearbox: 5x2 steps,
- max. speed 47 mph (76 km/h).
- Brakes: drums, with pneumatic control.
- Stopping distance from 20 mph (32 km/h) - 36'.
- Measures: LxWxH = 24 ft 1 inx8'10"x8'9.5", wheelbase 13'9.4". Track 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
- Maneuverability: turning circle 69',
- Ground Clearance: 15.7", overcome ford: 4 ft 11 in (1.50 m) Curb weight: 18,520 lb (8,400 kg).
- Tires: 14-20", pressure 0.3-2 p.s.i. (controlled).
- Fuel tank: 79+16 gal. Fuel economy: 4.9 mpg (at 19-25 mph), 2.94 mpg (city cycle).
See also 
External links