This station originally came on the air in 1949 as WHAY with studios in New Britain, Connecticut. and the transmitter at the present location on Birdseye Road. (but with the transmitter in a different building, now gone). The call letters were changed in 1961 to WRCH and a few years later the station adopted a beautiful music format. In 1967 new studios were constructed at the tower site on Birdseye Road. They called the facility "Radio Towers Park". The call letters were changed to WRCQ ("91 Q") in the 1974. After American Radio purchased the station in the late eighties the format was changed to rebroadcasting CNN Headline News. In 1998 Spanish broadcaster Mega Broadcasting Alfredo Alonso purchased the station for $750,000 and changed the format to Spanish as Amor 910 and the call letters to WNEZ. At that time the studios were off Route 6 in Farmington. In 2000, Mega moved the studios to 330 Main Street in Hartford. In 2001 Mega swapped the call letters with their other Hartford area station (1230 Manchester) and the result was that 910 became WLAT. The station was purchased by Freedom Communications in 2002. Gois purchased the station in 2008.
The WLAT-AM Call Letters were originally assigned to Conway, South Carolina in the 1940s. The station was on the frequency of 1330 kHz operating at the power of 5 kW Day / .5 kW Night.